Digitized Contents Transmission Service for Libraries
“The Digitized Contents Transmission Service for Libraries” (the Service) is provided by the National Diet Library as a means of making digitized versions of out-of-print or otherwise difficult-to-obtain materials available to the general public at university or public libraries that subscribe to the Service.
You can view and copy digital images of materials at Shizuoka University Library.
Those who can use the Service
- Those who have a Shizuoka University Library Card (the student ID card, the faculty / staff ID card, the Library card for visitor.)
- Materials with the “Available only at the NDL and partner libraries” mark in the National Diet Library Digital Collections.
- You can search by checking “Available only at the NDL and partner libraries” at the search screen.
- “Available Online” materials can be viewed from any device connected to the Internet.
- You can search the materials included in the National Diet Library Digital Collections on the Shizuoka University Library OPAC.
- You can search for materials (books, classics and journals) which are “Available Online” or “Available only at the NDL and partner libraries” on the OPAC.
- Books and classics are searched for as “eBook” and journals as “eJournal”.
- “Available Online” and “Available only at the NDL and partner libraries” are displayed as follows in the search results of the OPAC.
- “Available Online” : 国立国会図書館デジタルコレクション フリー
- “Available only at the NDL and partner libraries” : 国立国会図書館デジタルコレクション(静岡本館レファレンスカウンター・浜松分館カウンターへ [平日9:00-12:30, 13:30-17:00] )
- You cannot search the table of contents, text, content description and doctoral dissertations on the OPAC, so please search directly on the National Diet Library Digital Collections.
Reference) We use [National Diet Library – Free Data Service – Bibliographic Date of the National Diet Library Digital Collections].
Place of use
- Shizuoka Main Library : Reference counter (2 viewing terminals)
- Hamamatsu Branch Library : Hamamatsu Branch Counter (1 viewing terminal)
- Viewing, requesting photocopies at the counter and receiving photocopies are available between 9: 00-12: 30, 13: 30-17: 00 (weekdays).
How to browse
- Please present your Library card (the student ID card, the faculty/staff ID card, the Library card for visitor) at the counter.
- You can use after log-in by the library staff on the browsing terminal.
- The usage time is up to 60 minutes. However, if there is no next user, you can extend it.
- Please note the following. If you violate this rule, the National Diet Library will stop the Service to the Shizuoka University Library.
- Do not take out the viewing terminal.
- Do not connect the device (laptop, external storage device such as USB flash memory) brought in by you to the viewing terminal.
- Do not take a picture of the screen of the viewing terminal with a camera or the like.
- Do not obtain screen captures or electronic files of materials.
- You can apply for photocopy service within the scope permitted by the Japanese Copyright Act. Fill out the Inter Library (Photocopy / Loan) Application form [PDF] / [Word], or apply from “ILL[Photocopy]” in the “New request” in myLibrary.
- You can also apply for only photocopy service without browsing.
- To receive photocopies, please come to the Reference Counter or the Branch Library Counter regardless of whether you paid with public or private expense (according to the rules of the National Diet Library）.
- Photocopying will be done by the library staff. Photocopying by users is prohibited.
- You need a charge for photocopying (according to the Shizuoka University tuition fee system rules).
Reference) The Digitized Contents Transmission Service for Libraries (in Japanese) National Diet LibraryInquiryShizuoka：
Reference Counter ［9:00-12:30,13:30-17:00(weekdays)］
phone:054-238-4480 / e-Mail: lib-refer at adb.shizuoka.ac.jp
Branch Library Counter ［9:00-12:30,13:30-17:00(weekdays)］
phone: 053-478-1394 / e-Mail: libh-ill at adb.shizuoka.ac.jp