Hamamatsu Branch User’s Guide
Library Introduction Video
|ShizudaiTV program「附属図書館分館・学生支援棟（S-Port） 施設案内編 – 静岡大学 」(5:48)||
Visiting the Library
You need to scan your student ID or library card when you enter and leave the library and borrow library materials.
- If you do not have the ID, please contact the User Service staff and fill in the application form on the counter.
- You may use your student ID/library card at any Shizuoka University Libraries.
|Weekday||Weekend & Holiday|
|Library Open Hours||9:00 – 22:00||9:00 – 17:00||10:00 – 19:00||9:00 – 21:00||10:00 – 17:00|
|Closed Stack Open Hours||9:00 – 17:00||9:00 – 17:00||–||–||–|
(Including ILL Service)
|9:00 – 12:30, 13:30-17:00||–||–||–|
|1F Reading terrace||9:00 – 17:00||9:00 – 17:00||10:00 – 17:00||9:00 – 17:00||10:00 – 17:00|
|2F Group study rooms||9:00 – 21:30||9:00 – 16:30||10:00 – 18:30||9:00 – 20:30||10:00 – 16:30|
|3F Personal booths||9:00 – 21:30||9:00 – 16:30||10:00 – 18:30||9:00 – 20:30||10:00 – 16:30|
|1F-3F Reading room||9:00 – 22:00||9:00 – 17:00||10:00 – 19:00||9:00 – 21:00||10:00 – 17:00|
|2F East group area||9:00 – 21:30||9:00 – 17:00||10:00 – 18:30||9:00 – 20:30||10:00 – 16:30|
*Weekend & Holiday Services: Check-out, renewal and return of materials / Access to open-stack materials / Use of thin-client computer terminals and self-service copiers & printers.
*Reference services are NOT available on weekends and holidays.
- New Year Holidays （Dec. 28th – Jan. 4th）
- During the university entrance exam period.
- Saturdays & Sundays on March
- During the inventory period
- Library hours are subject to change. It will be notified on the board and the Library Website.
Checkout Limit & Loan Period
|Limit of Items
|Loan Periods||2 weeks||1 month||1 month||1 month|
|Special Circulation||Thesis&Dissertation/Seminar Class/Teaching Practice|
|Serials||5(overnight loan only)
* Current issues of serials may NOT be borrowed.
- Undergraduate only, each item may be renewed one time for two weeks if no hold/request has been placed.
- Loan periods may be extended over breaks.(Undergraduate,Graduate)
- To apply for the special circulation service, please contact library staff.
If you fail to return books by the due date, your borrowing privileges will be suspended for the total number of overdue days.
Borrowing / Returning
- Self-checkout stations are available for you to borrow library materials. You may also check out items at the Service Counter. You need your student ID or library card to check out library mateials.
- The library exit has a security system. If you fail to check out any library materials, it beeps and the gate will not open.
- Self-checkin stations are available for you to return library materials. You can also return items at the Service Counter.
- Please use the drop-off box when the library is closed.
- Undergraduate only.
- You can renew library item (book) once as long as no hold/request has been placed.
- You can renew items online through myLibrary, at the self-checkout station or at the Service Counter.
- The library catalog, OPAC, contains the holdings of Shizuoka University Libraries.
- All library books are arranged NDC (Nippon Decimal Classification).
- Serials are arranged in alphabetic order by title.
- Library materials are shelved not only in the reading rooms but also in closed stacks and faculty offices.
|OPEN 1st FL – BOOK||Accessible when the library is open||Accessible to every user.|
|OPEN 1st FL – BUNKO/SHINSHO|
|OPEN 2nd FL – BOOK|
|OPEN 1st FL – NEWSPAPER|
|OPEN 1st FL – SERIAL|
|OPEN 2nd FL – REFERENCE|
|OPEN 2nd FL – OVERSIZED|
|OPEN 3rd FL – SERIAL|
|OPEN 2nd FL – SYLLABUS BOOK||Time to open – 30 minutes before closing||Accessible to every user.|
|OPEN 2nd FL – CAREER SUPPORT|
|OPEN 2nd FL – REGIONAL INDUSTRY|
|OPEN 2nd FL – SHIZUOKA UNIV. CORNER|
|OPEN 2nd FL – INTERNATIONAL|
|OPEN 2nd FL – AUDIO VISUAL|
|OPEN 2nd FL – RECOMMENDED|
|CLOSED 1st FL – BOOK||Weekday: 9:00-17:00
|Undergraduate students fill out a Request Form and request at the Counter. Shizuoka University faculty, staff and graduate students may access the closed stacks to browse materials.|
|CLOSED 2nd FL – BUNKO/SHINSHO|
|CLOSED 2nd FL – BOOK|
|CLOSED 2nd FL – OVERSIZED|
|CLOSED 1st FL – SERIAL|
|CLOSED 1st FL – OVERSIZED|
|Faculty Offices||Contact the staff at the Service Counter.|
|Books in Shizuoka Main Library||You can borrow. Please apply through myLibrary or at the Service Counter.|
|Serials in Shizuoka Main Library||You can’t borrow but can obtain photocopy. Please apply through myLibrary or at the Service Counter.|
*Reference Services Hour is Mon.-Fri. 9:00-17:00
- Self-service copy machines are located in the Reading room on the first floor and the Group work area on the second floor.
- You need either a copy card or coins to use these copiers.
- Copy Application Form [PDF]
Hold & Request
You can place a hold on a title that is checked out or place a request on an item that is not available at your library.
- We will notify you by email when the item is available for pickup. The item will be held for you at the Service Counter for about one week.
- To place a hold, find the item in OPAC and press the [Hold/Request] button.
- You cannot borrow the item while your borrowing privileges are suspended.
Recommend a Title for Purchase
The library welcomes suggestions from students for titles to consider purchasing. Please recommend us a book, journal or other information resource which support your study and research.
- Recommendation can be made online through ‘myLibrary’. Before submitting a suggestion, please check the online catalog to make sure the title you want is not owned by any Shizuoka University Libraries. Please include your telephone number and e-mail address on the form.
- A student may recommend up to three titles with a limit of 10,000 yen per year.
- Your suggestions will be carefully evaluated at the acquisition meeting.
Reference librarians help you make effective use of the library resources by advising you on the use of the catalog and website and suggesting appropriate databases for your subject area.
If you have any questions, please visit the Service Counter.
- We issue a referral letter, enabling you to be referred to other institutes, including other university libraries, for use of specific items that are not available at Shizuoka University. You are encouraged to verify their access policies on their websites before requesting the letter.
- If you need a referral letter, please fill out Letter of Introduction Application form [PDF] / [Word] and apply to the Service Counter.
- It might take several days to issue a referral letter. Please give yourself plenty of time to apply for that.
- You are expected to bring your Student ID along with the referral letter to the institute.
- All Shizuoka University freshmen will take a Basic Library Seminar during regularly scheduled class times; you will have a library tour and learn how to locate library items.
- If you want to improve your research skill, please contact a Reference Service librarian to arrange an Advanced Library Seminar.
- We also offer seminars on databases and electronic journals.
- Please check out library news for schedules.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services
If you need an item that is not available at any Shizuoka University Libraries, you can obtain photocopy or borrow books from other campus or other university libraries.
Making an ILL request
- Please log-in to ‘myLibrary’ and go to ‘ILL Request’ in the menu, and click ‘New request’, then fill out the application form.
- If you cannot access ‘myLibrary’, fill out this ILL Request Form [PDF] / [Word] and bring it to the Service Counter.
- Request cannot be cancelled after it is accepted.
- You can ask for a photocopy of paper in a journal, a part of a book (less than half). If some works are in a book, less than half of the individual work can be taken a photocopy.
- You can borrow a book from other library. Loan period is depend on the conditions of the lending library. The use is occasionally limited in the library.
- Journals cannot be borrowed.
Terms of payment
- A teacher can select pay type ‘Public’ or ‘Private’. A student makes only ‘Private’ payment.
- If a teacher allow a student to make a ‘Public’ payment, please inform the student of teacher’s Budget code. The student logs in to ‘myLibrary’ with its own user ID. In the comment section, please write “I request photocopy / loan with permission of professor XXX, Budget code XXX”. The student can select ‘Private’ as pay type. Librarian will change to ‘Public’.
Time by Range of request
Other campus in Shizuoka University
- You can only ask for a photocopy. Please confirm SUL OPAC before request. It takes approximately a few days to obtain the photocopy.
- If you want to borrow a book from other campus, please find the book in OPAC and click ‘Hold/Request’.
In the country (Other university library)
- We will apply to other university library, Natinal Diet Library. Please confirm CiNii Books, Natinal Diet Library search before request. It takes approximately a week to obtain the photocopy or the book.
Within local public library
- Please confirm Oudan-kun Book Search(the transversal system in Shizuoka Prefecture libraries) before request. It takes approximately two weeks (a week from Shizuoka Prefectural Central Library).
- You can ask for a photocopy or a book to overseas. Please confirm World Cat before request. It takes a few weeks to a few months.
*It might take more time if the material you have asked for is on loan. Please give yourself plenty of time to apply for that.
- You need to pay the photocopying cost (35-60 yen / a monochrome sheet) and delivery cost (100-400 yen) to obtain a photocopy, the round-trip delivery cost (1,000-2,000 yen) to obtain a book from other library. There is no delivery cost from other campus in Shizuoka University and local public libraries in Shizuoka Prefecture.
- The photocopying cost is depend on the owing library. An additional fee will be charged for a color photocopy or special delivery.
- It costs at least several thousand yen to obtain a photocopy or a book from overseas.
- We will notify you via email when the photocopy or the book is ready to pick up, or there are confirmation items about your request. Please check email.
- In the case we cannot contact a student, we might contact your teacher or parents.
053-478-1394 (Extension 1391) / Mail: libh-ill @ adb.shizuoka.ac.jp
Weekday 9:00-12:30, 13:30-17:00
- Reading Rooms have wireless/wired connections to the internet.
- In order to log on to the library computer or use the internet, you need your Shizudai ID.