Shizuoka Main Library Floor Guide
The concept of Shizuoka Main Library is “Learning Park”.
This concept envisions a space where people can meet, gather, and learn. We support your learning and research at the comfortable library.
*Click the image to enlarge.
|3F||Personal Booth *||There are 6 booths. You can concentrate on your studies and research in this booth which has a large desk and a comfortable chair. You can bring your PC and connect to the internet.|
|4F||Gallery||It’s a place to display research and works. Please feel free to enter the Gallery during the exhibition. When you’d like to display your work here, please ask at the Service Counter.|
|4F||PC Work Area *||You can lay out materials on the wide desk, write reports and print them.|
|5F||Harvest Room||This room is for group work. Conversation for study is OK. Tables can be rearranged depending on the group. You can also use whiteboards.|
|6階||Seminar Room *||This room is for groups or seminars. There are 50 Thin-client computers, a projector and a microphone. This room can be partitioned into three sections.|
*Eligible users: Students, Faculty staffs, Part-time lecturers, Emeritus professors
- Please apply to the Service Counter. (On the day application only)
- Service hours: From opening to 30 minutes before the library closes.
- You can use a personal booth up to three hours. If there is no reservation, you are allowed to extend usage.
There are current journals and backnumbers.
- There are 18 Thin-client computers. In order to log in to these computers, you need your SHIZUDAI ID issued at the Center for Information Infrastructure.
- You can adjust the height of the table which has a lift lever.
- There is a video magnifier.
●International Area & Audio Area
At International Area, there are books for international students, such as books about Japanese culture written in English, books for learning Japanese language, etc. Also, there are English novels and books for extensive reading in English.
You can watch DVDs and Blu-rays or listen to CDs at Audio Area. Please apply at the Service Counter and receive a controller.
You can read domestic and foreign newspapers of the past two months. You can also find newspaper articles in the databases.
- Please feel free to enter the Gallery during the exhibition.
- An exhibition period is 3 weeks
- This Gallery can be used free of charge. When you’d like to display your work here, please apply to the Service Counter at least one month before the exhibition.
静岡本館 ギャラリー(Japanese text only) / 静岡本館ギャラリーの使用方法(Japanese text only)
You can take a break at the Lounge. You are allowed to eat and drink here.
- Conversation for study is OK.
- This room has some booths which are good for group work.
- Tables and chairs can be rearranged depending on the group. Whiteboards can also be used.
- You can enjoy reading on the sofa by the windows.
- If you’d like to use this room for seminar or class, please contact library staff.
●Newly Arrived Books & Exhibition Corners
Newly Arrived Books are arranged in front of the Service Counter. Besides, we have some exhibition corners that introduce books on a variety of themes.
This room is for self-study. There are many reading seats for one person where you can study quietly. You can enjoy a view of Suruga Bay from windows.
- Please apply to the Service Counter in advance.
- Service hours: Weekdays, 9:00-18:50 (9:00-16:50 during intersession)
- One group can use a seminar room up to three hours.
- On the day of use, please receive the key at the Service Counter. You can go to the Seminar room from the Harvest room.
- There are 50 Thin-client computers, a projector and a microphone etc. You are allowed to bring in library materials.
- If you want to know about details for devices that you can use in this room, please contact library staff.